Fair warning: this might be one of the most unappetizing-looking dishes that I make. I’ll own that. It’s very green and makes even the least picky of eaters (like my boyfriend) a bit wary. But give in to the green – this pesto is delicious and so simple! Requiring barely any real measurements and few ingredients, this is a super easy weeknight meal that lives up to the ’20 Minutes or Less’ slogan that gets used a bit too freely on recipe blogs now a days. This recipe honestly takes maybe 10 minutes to come together.
- 1 package of rice noodles
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- Several handfuls (maybe 4 cups worth?) of fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Sprinkle of salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the noodles and cook according to package directions.
- While you wait for the water, put all the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended. Pesto should be somewhat liquid-y, and you can add more spinach and cilantro if you like a thicker consistency.
- Pour pesto into a large bowl and add cooked rice noodles. Mix well to coat all the noodles, then serve and enjoy!